10.24.2007

compromise

"Mom, we need help because we can't figure out what to do." (tears and sobs)

Danny: "Well, you see, I want a slave for my office, and I thought Rebekah could be my slave. But she will only be my slave if she can leave my office and I really want a slave who will be there all the time - so I chose someone else." (must be that other invisible sister)

Mom: "Well, if you are going to play together, you need to learn to compromise. And not just one of you - both of you. What about if Rebekah is your slave (am I really saying this?) whom you give special permission to leave sometimes. She can't just leave whenever she wants (since she's a slave), but you give her certain times when she can leave the office. (I think it's a lego office) "

Rebekah: "Okay, but I'll only agree if we can have a new secret handshake."

That compromise is still under discussion...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How funny! Kids sure come up with some doozies, just when you least expect it.

Reagan said...

Such an interesting fight...So I never thought that there were actually "slaves" in an office setting! That's pretty funny stuff:)

Tracy said...

Oh Lynn, you had me laughing out loud - that is HILARIOUS! :) Did I ever tell you... I think your kids are soo precious - you guys are doing a great job with them. :)

Blessings.