10.14.2007

It's Sunday, and as I glance over my calendar, I already am thinking, "Are you kidding me? How on earth am I going to get all this done?" The thing is - I've already talked with some of you today, and I know you're in the exact same place as I am!!! And it's awesome, because I fully know the reason: it's because you're pouring out your life; for the Lord's people, for the lost, for your families! None of these things are insignificant, and we desperately need God's people to be laborers!

But let's not let ourselves feel overwhelmed this week. Let's be an encouragement to one another, and rely on the Good Shepherd who knows perfectly how to care for His sheep... even the busy ones :)



"Now may the God of peace who brought up our Lord Jesus from the dead, that great Shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant, make you complete in every good work to do His will,
working in you what is well pleasing in His sight, through Jesus Christ..." Hebrews 13:20,21
Our ability to work for Him comes from Him!!! Remeber, He even predestined our good works that we might walk in them - don't you think he'll give us the strength to do them???


He gives, but He does not give away. He is not diminished by His giving. - Tozer
We serve a God whose grace abounds! There is more than we could ever need!!!



He giveth more grace when the burdens grow greater;
He sendeth more strength when the labors increase.
To added affliction He addeth His mercy;
To multiplied trials, His multiplied peace.
When we have exhausted our store of endurance,
When our strength has failed ere the day is half done,
When we reach the end of our hoarded resources,
Our Father's full giving is only begun.
His love has no limit,
His grace has no measure,
His power has no boundary known unto men;
For out of His infinite riches in Jesus,
He giveth, and giveth,
and giveth again!
- A.Johnson Flint

6 comments:

MagenRanae said...

What a timely encouragement! I too have been looking at my calendar today wondering how everything is going to get done. BUT, the Lord has always been, and will continue to be faithful in this area. What needs to be done will get done, and I will learn a few things about the tasks that don't REALLY need to be done! :) Thanks for your thoughts!

Jessie said...

Thank you for the encouragement. We truly serve such an amazing God.

Rachel said...

Yes, thanks, Lynn...what we need (more than more time on our calendars) is encouragement to keep looking to the Lord for strength to obey Him and wisdom to know WHAT to do. I appreciate you!

Shawna said...

I have been thinking about this a lot. What has the Lord asked of me? Funny how I am quick to pray over the things He has asked of me, should I really be doing this? Am I sure I have time to fit ________ (insert clearly what HE wants me to do) this into my life? But I don't know that I have ever asked him about my free time/me time, (unless it is bemoaning the lack thereof!) but I waste more than my fair share on myself, I know that for certain. It has been a wakeup call for me to look at each thing in my life and say, the Lord has asked my to lay down myself (and its desires) to serve His people in this way. Last weeks messages from Mike were so good about this, living lives COMPLETELY consecrated to Him. Why else are we even here? All I have to do is obey.

Thanks for the encouragement!

Scott and Lynn said...

I can't wait to hear Mike's messages! Are they on the chapel website?

Shawna said...

I just checked, and it looks like they are not up yet. But I am sure they will be soon. :)

This morning I started listening to a series of Mikes' on the Womens Role. I found it at Voices for Christ, it is really, really good so far!