2.20.2008

Home safe!


I think it's pretty safe to say there was a lot of snow in Wisconsin! This is a picnic table in Jenn's backyard. It was COLD too! Like way below zero cold, not Kansas cold! We spent most of our time indoors - but we did venture out for some snow play.

Thanks for your prayers for our journey home. Sunday meetings were all cancelled there, so we tried to hit the road on Monday. It was really slow going and we had to stop because we just couldn't see! But, being in the hotel by 4pm, we had lots of time to swim, eat pizza, watch a movie - fun family time :) The next day we took our time heading out because all of the schools in the area were closed or significantly delayed. As we drove we were so thankful for the Lord's protection the day before. Scott and I have both done a lot of traveling, but we'd never seen anything like it. There were several sections of highway where we'd see 10-15 cars off the highway in one spot! We are sure we saw more than 100 cars off the road from the night before - it was insane! It also made us thankful for our little 4 wheel drive Subaru Outback. You couldn't ask for a better car when it comes to icy roads :)

Oh, that men would give thanks to the Lord for His goodness
and His wonderful works to the children of men.
Psalm 107
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Glad you're home too! Did I hear that Rebekah is sick?

Reagan said...

That is the best weather to drive in because it's so exciting! I guess it's really only good if you have a good driver though (like jere and scott, I am sure) Glad you're home!!!

Crystal said...

What fun memories - I really miss snow like that! The boys (my step-sons) don't know what they are missing!

Jessie said...

So glad you got back safe. I sure do not miss those types of roads-that is what I grew up on :) I love Kansas