11.26.2011

A Thousand Thanksgivings!

Thou Life of my life, blessed Jesus,
Thou death of the death that was mine,
For me was Thy cross and Thine anguish,
Thy love and Thy sorrow divine;
Thou suffered the cross and the torment,
That I might forever go free -
;A thousand, a thousand thanksgivings,
I bring, blessed Saviour to Thee

For me Thou hast borne the reproaches,
The mockery, hate and disdain;
The blows and the spittings of sinners,
The scourging, the shame and the pain;
To save me from bondage and judgment,
Thou gladly has suffered for me -
A thousand, a thousand thanksgivings,
I bring, blessed Saviour to Thee

O Lord, from my heart I do thank Thee,
For all Thou hast borne in my room,
Thine agony, dying, unsolaced,
Alone in the darkness of doom,
That I, in the glory of heaven,
Forever and ever might be -
A thousand, a thousand thanksgivings,
I bring, blessed Saviour, to Thee!

1 comments:

Kayra Noel said...

Lovely to see the fam...