12.17.2006

Chroo Abowt God


This morning Rebekah was taking notes on Grandpa's message - I love to read what thoughts strike her little heart :) This is what her notes are :


Psalm 139 Chroo abowt God (true about God)


take the next step 7-12 God is there

God will support

13 throo 16 thots tord him (thoughts toward him)

Problom solvd

God was there

tri me (try me)

sin. no my thots Lord (know my thoughts, Lord)

wock to the end (walk to the end)

December 17, 2006


Wow! Such simple little phrases that she wrote, but amazing truths that she is grasping even at 6. As I read it when we got home, the Lord really ministered to me these 2 things.


First, that I would allow the Lord to try me - to reveal to me anything that may be hindering loyalty that belongs to Him! (know my thoughts, and walk to the end) I Chronicles 28:9 "As for you... know the God of your father, and serve Him with a loyal heart and a willing mind; for the Lord searches all hearts and understands all the intent of the thoughts..."


Second, that God IS there - Not only will He never turn His back on me, He will never stop supporting me. "I will never leave you nor forsake you." Hebrews 13:5 The problem is already solved because we have a good, loving God who holds us in His hand. "How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God! How great is the sum of them! If I should count them, they would be more in number than the sand." (Psalm 139 17 &18)


I cannot describe better than the Psalmist how this makes me, as a child of God, feel. "Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; It is high, I cannot attain it." vv. 6&7

3 comments:

Kelly said...

It's always neat to see the Lord and His goodness through the eyes of the children, isn't it? --Kelly

Anne said...

Praise the Lord that He loves us so much that He stays with us forever!!! Can you imagine that it is forever.... throughout eternity we get to praise and worship as we learn more of who He truly is!!!!!!!! And it begins now!!

I love to see my little niece learn these lessons and commit them to her heart.

Shawna said...

oooooo, now I am so excited to hear the message from today! I had no idea Marvin was speaking, he is one of my favorites!