2.19.2007

My Night with a Super Hero


Friday night was the perfect night for a mother-daughter outing at the mall! Most of the town stayed indoors due to the snow, so we got to enjoy our time without a crowd!!! My time, however, was far from 'quiet' - I was on the listening end of a running commentary - and it was quite fun :)

"Mom, I like the mall. Instead of just one store, you can go to so many all at once! Really, I think the mall is just a huge toy room. Mom, can you think of a better night - ever? I really don't know why, but I just think that Chick-Fil-A is better than your food..... I like your food better than everything else, but Chick-Fil-A is really better than what you make at home. Excuse me - HEY LADY - Excuse me - I really love your pink purse. It's pretty. I love pink! My bedroom is pink, the walls are pink, the bedspread is pink, and I just got a pink sweater at Sears for $3.19.....etc....etc.....etc...."

We had so much fun and I laughed and laughed! I just love spending one-on-one time with the kids - they are such a blessing from the Lord! And I was SO proud of her. We went into Claire's - Rebekah's absolute favorite store in the world - to buy a pair of earrings for her. Now, all the signs said, Buy 2 Pair, get 1 free.... and the sales ladies both made sure we knew this little tidbit also! We talked about it, and I told her that we'd have to spend twice the money, which we didn't plan on doing, and that is the way stores try to get more money from you... and asked her if she thought she needed so many earrings! Here's her response: "Well, I'm already getting 3 pairs (on one card) and if we didn't spend $6 on more earrings, think of what we could do with the money. I mean, for just $5 you can make a pot of Turkey Chili and feed us a couple of meals, or we could have company over." (Now that's my girl!)

BTW, have I ever said how much I love being a mommy! Scripture says, "Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord (Psalm 127:3)" I am reminded of something Jacob said to Esau.... these are "the children whom God has graciously given your servant". (Gen. 33:5) The Lord truly is gracious to entrust us with such wonderful blessings. My children truly bless each and every day of my life and bring such joy!

Well, Super Boo and I ended our night snuggling in her bed and chit-chatting the time away until she finally fell asleep. I loved hearing her multiple remarks on what a wonderful night it was and how it is so much fun doing things together. We definitely need to do that more often!

3 comments:

Anne said...

I love to see her growing up. She is so sweet!!! Nothing is more precious then children. I love you Boo!!!!!

Rachel said...

What a great story! Thanks for sharing... I really appreciate your blog and how uplifting it is! You do such a good job!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Lynn,
Right now my "gift" is supposed to be sleeping but he's screaming and crying, but it's encouaging to me to read about your date with Boo. Good or bad they are wonderful gifts from God.