6.10.2007

It happened today right at 9:30 - in the middle of our worship meeting, with no warning, my son just starts puking. My immediate reaction is to try and catch it - with not much luck! I get him walking towards the back, all the while my arms around him trying to catch it, as he proceeds to puke 3 more times before hitting the bathroom. 3 very helpful people come to see what they could do, and I am just mortified at the thought of the stench that must be pervading the place while the meeting continues on for the next 1/2 hour!

Thankfully, Danny got it all out then, and we had no more sickness! But all day long I've been thinking about what I SHOULD have done - how a smart mom would have responded! I laughed when I realized that I had a bag at my feet that I carry my Bible in that I could've just dumped quickly and prevented a trail of the morning's Raisin Bran. And I am almost too embarrassed to admit there was also a 9x13 pan at my feet that I was returning to a friend. But did I stop to think about how that pan could catch a lot more than my hands? NO!!!

So, for all of you who had the privilege of being witnesses of the spectacle at our chapel this morning, I'm sorry that my impulsivity trumped common sense! And for those who did the cleaning (although I didn't stick around to watch, I'm pretty sure I know who you are - I've seen who the servants are in a crisis!!!) thanks for cleaning the floors, the pew, my Bible, my daughter's dress, etc...

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I don't think you could smell it, Lynn, at least not from where we were sitting. And when stuff like that happens, it's difficult to think clearly. We are learning with Ethan and all his carsickness, and now after trying to catch it in my hands for so many times, I am finally beginning to react with a clear head and grab the small trash can we have in the back for such purposes. :)

We all just felt sorry for you and Danny! Such a bummer and probably so embarrassing for him!

Scott and Lynn said...

I don't think he even thought of being embarrassed - he was just so upset he wasn't going to camp! But I am taking him today, and it's a good thing, because a group of the KC kids left their luggage at the Price's!

HopiQ said...

I'm so glad he's OK and got to go to camp anyway!!! Mom said he was devastated when he thought he would miss camp.

I am positive everyone undestood and was sympathetic. And what a great story (someday)...I can hear it now..."Remember when Danny puked during BOB?"