6.12.2007

Busy???

I've heard a lot of people talking about being really busy lately - including myself! I've even read a couple of blogs about it. Yes, friends, it's that time of year again - VBS, camps, swim lessons, traveling, etc... You all could probably add many things to the list. So, just a couple of verses that encourage me while I am busy. Take time to refresh yourselves in the Lord and allow Him to carry you through your busy schedules today (and every day)!!! It's much better going on in His strength and doing it full of the joy of the Lord!!!

I Corinthians 15:58 "Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord." (perseverance)

Isaiah 40:31 "But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint." (source of strength)

Galatians 1:10 "For do I now persuade men, or God? Or do I seek to please men? For if I still pleased men, I would not be a servant of Christ." (motivation)

Cosossians 3:1,2 "If then you were raised with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ is, sitting at the right hand of God. Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth." (mindset)

In all our business, if we forget to spend our time with the Lord, we will get worn out and Satan will be winning a victory! Let's begin it all with the Lord and let Him win the victory today!!!

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Thanks for the encouragement! Nice to see you today. :)

Ruth said...

Thanks for the verses...great things to meditate on.

Kelly said...

Lynn, Thank you so much for the reminder! Just this week I've been feeling so overwhelmed with all the THINGS that need to be done, wondering how I will ever get it accomplished. It certainly helps to keep things in perspective by spending time with the Lord before I try to tackle the to-do list and it helps me prioritize my day better so that I can be about HIS business, instead of my own!

Anonymous said...

Lynn, WOW! Danny 9 yrs old. It seems just like yesterday he was the little man (looking just like Scott) and of course, your daughter looks just like you. You can see it so well in the picture of the two of you.
I have to confess, to taking it easy and not being busy. Since, school is out I decided to skip teaching summer school and take a real break. I'm just having time to do what I want read, sleep, go to the beach and yes here and there working on somethings for school. It great to see your pictures and see how your family has grown.