2.06.2008

A good book!

I took a survey the other day that asked, What book are you reading right now? Of course, I read my Bible every day, but it's been awhile since I sat down with a good book. I don't know about you, but I always have a HUGE list of ones I want to read!!! So, I realized since we've been sitting around just veggin' due to the flu bug going around... it was time to dig one out. I rarely recommend books, because I don't tend to be a novel fan. (I like books that sharpen my mind.) Half that have been recommended to me I hate. I'm not big on christian romance novels - a lot of times I find them cheesy... I tried a christian murder mystery and had figured it out by chapter 3.... and so on and so forth. But I was pleasantly surprised how much I enjoyed this book that Scott's grandma loaned me! And what I liked about it was, while I fully enjoyed the story, I kept finding myself in awe of My Savior and stopping to praise Him for the things He's done! It was a novel that kept leading me to stop and ponder God's wonderful plan of redemption...and how He can take a life and make it new - forgiven, set free, having hope in this life!!!

So, if you are looking for a book to read, you might want to try this one. The Last Sin Eater, by Francine Rivers :)

8 comments:

Shawna said...

love francine rivers..did you know there is a movie on that particular book? I haven't seen it, but heard it is really good.

Scott and Lynn said...

oh cool! I really want to see it now :)

HopiQ said...

I appreciate Francine Rivers for that very reason: her books cause you to rejoice in our Savior and/or make you want to dig into the Word!

We watched the movie a couple weeks ago. Highly recommend!

Anonymous said...

I love francine rivers. She did a great series on different woman in the Bible-all having to do with grace-The two I remember off hand are about Ruth, Namoi & Boaz, David & Bathsheba. The one of the books was Unveiled, but there are 4 or 5 in the series. You would have to do a web search to find out the rest, but the were Great, I really look at these stories from a new perspective.
I'll have to check out the movie too, after the I read the book.

Renae said...

Francine Rivers is a MUST READ! you should read ALL of her books. The Shofar Blew is another great one, shall I name more?? :0)
and your hair looks so pretty! you look so young and fresh...love it!

April said...

I've had this one on my shelf for a couple years and have never read it. Maybe I'll get to dig it out when the kids are a bit older and I'm allowed to sleep!

Tracy said...

Hey, you know what I'm into... I like to read biographies of wonderful Saints from the past. Recently I have read the stories of John Wesley, Martin Luther, and my favorite - Corrie Ten Boom. These stories have changed me and shaped the way I see life and the world. They have strengthened within me a passion to follow Christ, no matter what, to the end! Soooo... I'm just saying - if want something inspiring, you can try biographies. :)

Blessings.

meesh said...

Andrew and I read The Last Sin Eater together, and really enjoyed it! We then watch the movie, and were a little disappointed. The book so clearly gives the Gospel message, but the movie did not. Francine Rivers is a great author...it is hard to put her books down!