3.22.2008

He is not here...

Awhile back I changed my template as I looked forward to the Easter season. These days I feel like I hardly even have time to appreciate holidays - I haven't been able to host a family dinner in a long time! But thanks to Pyzam I actually realized a few weeks back that a holiday was coming up :) How many times I have read the verse in the bottom left corner - "He is not here, He is risen as He said."

Religion is an interesting thing. People all over the world follow leaders who have died and left nothing behind but a bunch of aimless, wandering sheep, maybe some good quotes, but no real hope! I think of I Cor. 15, what some refer to as the 'gospel in a nutshell.' Jesus died, was buried, rose on the 3rd day, and was seen! He was not just a man who had no power over death, He was the Son of God! And the same power that raised Him from the dead is the same power that keeps me every day! Wow!


I am so thankful to serve a risen Saviour today! I Cor. 15:19 says if we only have hope in this life, we are of men the most to be pitied. Oh, but with my hope lying in the risen Lord, don't pity me, because I have One who is making intercession for me. Oh yes, He is alive today seated at God the Father's own right hand!


"Who is he who condemns? It is Christ who died, and furthermore is also risen, who is even at the right hand of God, who also makes intercession for us." Romans 8:34

I am eternally grateful to have a personal, loving God who is unlike any religious leader that ever walked this earth! I have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ - He is a living Saviour, my hope, my help, my intercessor. He not only saved me, He keeps me! And to be kept by the power of God - well, there's nothing better than that!


I serve a risen Saviour, He's in the world today

I know that He is living, whatever men may say

The help of all who seek Him, the hope of all who find

None other is so loving, so good and kind


He Lives, He Lives

Christ Jesus Lives today!!!

He walks with me and talks with me

along life's narrow way

He Lives, He Lives

salvation to impart

You ask me how I know He lives?

HE lives within my heart!


And you know what I can't wait for - someday I too will see Him! ...because,
HE IS RISEN INDEED!

2 comments:

Melissa Gail said...

It WILL be amazing when we get to see our Risen Lord! What you shared Made me think of the verse we studied this past week in Romans 1:4"...and declared to be the Son of God with power according to the Spirit of holiness, according to the resurrection from the dead." Praise the Lord we serve a Risen Savior!!!

Eryn said...

james and i had that song in our head all of easter day. i love your thoughts, thank you.