4.02.2008

Giving it up!

A man's heart plans his way: but the Lord directs his steps. Proverbs 16:9



This, out of necessity and also some encouragement from a dear sister, has become my theme verse for the past few weeks. Without giving all the gory details, the basic idea is; things are just not going as planned!!! Stuff is breaking down, I find myself constantly rearranging my schedule out of necessity, and I am falling behind in pretty much all of life...but (here's the big but)... the Lord has shown Himself to me through all of it. Shown me without a doubt that He knows what He's doing, He's got a plan, and I NEED TO STOP TRYING TO CONTROL IT ALL!!! Why is it so stinkin' hard to let go of my plans even when He is making it so obvious that He is directing my steps in another way? I just keep thinking, 'How on earth is that going to get done, or that fixed? Or, if I can't deliver, who is going to take care of it?' Oh, but every time He's got a plan - and I have to confess that really, He does a WAY better job than I could've!!!


I still have some questions about some things, but, I'm finally learning to give it to Him before I know the answer. (at least I think... there is that one thing that I keep wanting to take back and I can barely stand to not know when it's going to get caught up with - but okay Lord, You can have it)


So, yeah, if you see me mumbling that verse under my breath over and over, I'm just reminding myself to let it go! Of course, God is SO good in the fact that every time I say it to myself, He brings to mind all the ways He's already taken care of so many things for me! He makes it easy, doesn't He - because that's His nature - and His plans are ALWAYS better than ours!!!


So, the moral of this story is....
if there is something that you are holding on to, just give it to Him


A MAN'S HEART PLANS HIS WAY: BUT THE LORD DIRECTS HIS STEPS

5 comments:

Rachel said...

I can totally relate. :) Thanks for sharing that, Lynn. Did Bible study go okay tonight?

Shawna said...

This reminds me of a song rex and I use to listed to when we were dating.

Lord, help me to surrender
The control I try to have on my life When I let it go
You take my hand and gently lead me Then You let me know
Just how peaceful my life can be
When I let it go

I struggle with this all the time. Thanks for the encouragement. I am praying you get some good rest tonight!

HopiQ said...

Oh, Lynn, this sounds so much like me! I know in theory that I can trust the Lord with my days, but when those interruptions come, I fight for my own way. Oh, if I only remembered to keep a quiet heart and trust in my Savior!

As Shawna said, it is a constant battle to lay my will down.

Thank you for the reminder to surrender my will to His perfect plan!

Jessie said...

It is soo true that God's ways are better than our ways.

Anonymous said...

I too struggle with this, especially when is it going to get done. I am the type of person if it can be done now, why wait, because I may forget later. It is a constant battle. Thanks for the encouragement!