5.05.2008

In the dark!


We had a crazy experience at Cold Stone Creamery tonight! The kids had a gift card there, so I took them after we ran some errands. It was quite packed, but we got there during a lull in the line, so we could order right away. After Rebekah was done, she needed to use the restroom. I could see that it was a single stall, so I told her to go in and just lock the door. After a couple of minutes, I could hear her yelling and crying above the noise of everyone else. Apparently, they have a sensor on the light switch, and it turned off on her while she was still on the pot, leaving her in the dark! Poor girl- I was shouting at her through the door, and this whole line of people are just staring at me. Thankfully, they had a key, and Rebekah was very patient as they tried to find it :)

I am discovering that I don't like these new sensor lights. Believe it or not, the same thing happened to us with Daniel in Canada a couple of weeks ago. Thankfully, there he had not locked the door - so I just reached in.

Now, I don't know which they hate more...

toilets that flush on you,

or lights that go out on you!

(and yes, for the laughter of the kids, we ARE taking a poll!)

5 comments:

Kelly said...

That reminds me of the time when I was 9 and we were house hunting in Topeka. We stopped at a gas station just south of Wanamaker on 29th street and I got locked in the bathroom. I could not get out if my life depended on it! Like Rebekah, I had to yell and holler for help!! I feel your pain, Rebekah!

bandanachick said...

Oh poor girl! I would have been scared I think.

Reagan said...

That's weird that it wouldn't turn on if she was waving her arms! I guess being on a toilet makes it hard to wave your arms and balance if you're a little girl? Those lights can be annoying

Jessie said...

oh that would be scary for a kid.

Katy said...

Lynn! I love reading what you write. Your family stories are so fun ; ) By the way, I ALWAYS have trouble with those automatic flushing toilets...I don't know what it is. Wish you could have been at the Girls Retreat, we had some interesting discussions on these sorts of topics...Hope you're well!