11.28.2008

As I was tucking my kiddos in bed on Weds. night, I said to them (individually), "You know that I am thankful for you?" Rebekah's response was, "Well, yeah. I mean, do you think that I thought you were lying the past 8 years. I mean, you tell me that ALL THE TIME!!!" Daniel's response was, " I know, I think you tell me that just about every day!"

Anyhow, it just cracked me up! I am so glad my kids know without a doubt how much I love them and their father, and how thankful I am for them every day!

I forgot my camera at Thanksgiving, but we had a great time at Anne and Micah's. It was a day that was very honoring to the Lord. We carried on our family tradition of making a Thanksgiving tree - and people had much to be thankful for... from growing through sickness and trials, to rejoicing in abundance; for family and friends and a God who is all-knowing and all-sufficient! There were 30 of us - some family, some friends, but all with a common bond. We prayed and sang hymns and ate LOTS of food - including Hope's 'sweet potato goodness' which has been demanded by all since the year she gave me the recipe! It even made the thanksgiving tree!!!

I hope you are all rejoicing today in the Lord!

Every good and perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning." James 1:17

4 comments:

HopiQ said...

I'm so glad you had such a wonderful day thanking the Lord for all His good gifts! Thank you for sharing the day with my husband. He really appreciated being included in your special day.

Laurel said...

Sounds wonderful, Lynn!

You might not see my comment on Hope's picture blog, so I thought I'd mention that the free picture-messing program I use is downloadable at gimp.org. You might want to see if you'd like it.

Reagan said...

That's awesome. We had a great time with you guys on Thanksgiving! :)

Anne said...

I am so thankful for the day for numerous reasons..... but most of all for time and memories with the Lord at the middle.

I love you and are so thankful for every thing you do......