11.20.2008

I know I told you all that I'd be posting about our summer adventures. Well, this isn't the first time I have confessed slacking off on my blogging, and I'm sure it won't be the last! Well, tonight, however, I have my computer back up and running (YEAH!), my kids and their cousins are snuggled warm and sleeping in bed, and my hubby is on a conference call. This is actually the end of the summer (really about 2 weeks after we should have been home starting school already - but one of the benefits of traveling camps out East is that you get a longer summer!!!) After our very last week on the road - week #10 - we drove home through Chicago. Now, those of you who know me... if there was one thing that I would do in Chicago, what would it be???
It was SO SWEET!!! I can't tell you how excited I was to hear that the Cubs were playing at home that night! Wrigley Field was amazing!


The next day we had to take the kids to experience their first Giordano's! It was especially good because it was super rainy and cold!



We tried to go up the Sears Tower, but it was closed - too cloudy. So, we drove to the Navy Pier, but it just wasn't going to let up! We decided just to head for home, but we had one stop to make. :) Can anyone guess why Daniel named his bear Sammy? :)







4 comments:

Rachel said...

Looks fun!

Jessie said...

Glad it worked out to be a fun day. The bears are cute, except for Daniels his is very manly & tough looking.

Anonymous said...

You should have hit the Shedd Aquarium. It's one of my favorite places to visit when in Chicago. I like Navy Pier and Wrigley Field too. But the Shedd is good on a rainy day!

Crystal said...

My husband would be so jealous - he's been a cubs fan for forever - and dreams of going to Wrigley field :)