1.03.2009

2009- Here I come!

I would have to say that my life is an adventure... I married a man full of ideas, and I knew when I married him that I would have to be flexible - VERY flexible!!! I really never know what day to day is going to bring! I laugh that I actually carry a schedule, because a lot of times what I have written in gets changed - I have, at least, learned to write in it in PENCIL!!!

In the midst of the craziness, I have a few things that never change, and that is indispensible to me. I don't make big goals - 'I have to do this by such and such a date' , because it would be foolish - I'd almost be sure to be setting myself up for disappointment and failure.

But the truth is, I have always operated this way! And that's one thing that makes us such a good team! And I'm thankful for the Lord preparing me ahead of time for the life He was going to place me in.

Maybe that's why I've never been big on New Year's Resolutions. I mean, really, it just wouldn't work well for me... but the Lord gave me this back in 1993, and it has been what I have returned to each year. It perfectly fits everything that I would want to continue to grow in , and also I'm thankful to be able to look back and see how God has worked in me since then. So, you may remember from last year, but this is it...

May the mind of Christ, my Saviour
Live in me from day to day
By His love and power controlling
all I do and say


May the Word of God dwell richly
In my heart from hour to hour
So that all may see I triumph
only through His power


May the peace of God, my Father
Rule my life in everything
that I may be calm to comfort
sick and sorrowing


May the love of Jesus fill me
as the waters fill the sea
Him exalting, self-abasing
this is victory!


May I run the race before me
strong and brave to face the foe
Looking only unto Jesus
as I onward go


May His beauty rest upon me
as I seek the lost to win
And may they forget the channel
seeing only Him!



Happy 2009! I pray that all of you will grow in the grace and the knowledge of the Lord this year! His riches are endless, His goodness to you unfailing - if you know Him as your Saviour today - this year can only be better than the last, because every day with Jesus is sweeter than the day before!!!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

great thoughts Lynn! =)

Laurel said...

I love this hymn, Lynn, and I think it is a fantastic summary of the real goals of my life as well. You don't mind if I steal it, do ya?