1.07.2009

Rejoice in today!

This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24


The kids and I were reading this today, along with a devotion on some of the different days God made - each unique in its own way: the day of creation, the day of the incarnation, the day of redemption, etc... There are many wonderful days to come as well - the day of rapture, the day of His appearing, the day of judgment...

I started to dwell on the day that God created, knowing it would be the day of incredible suffering for Him as He watched His only Son go to the cross! It is beyond my comprehension what it cost Him, the suffering He endured... yet He willingly allowed it, and Christ willingly obeyed. In fact, the scripture says that knowing what lay ahead of Him, He set His face steadfastly to go to Jerusalem (Luke 9:51)

What about my day, your day? Can we follow the example of the Lord today and press forward, no matter what it may hold? Not each of the Lord's days were the same as that one - but each had the same meaning - looking forward to the cross! Wow - it reminds me of what I live for today - to bring glory to Him; to prepare for the day when I meet my Saviour face to face; to tarry and sow while I sojourn here on earth...

There was a day in history - and it played out exactly as He said it would - the day that Christ rose from the grave! It is the day that gives purpose to my life, that makes that day that He endured at Golgotha a triumphant one!!! A day that makes me understand how each day we can say, "This is the day that the Lord hath made - let us rejoice and be glad in it!"

On Sunday we sang a song that tells the story of that day, and the days to come - and how we are to respond to it! Don't be afraid to belt it out!!! ;)



Rejoice and be glad! The Redeemer has come!
Go look on His cradle, His cross and His tomb.
Sound His praises! Tell the story, of Him who was slain!
Sound His praises! Tell with gladness, He liveth again!


Rejoice and be glad! Now the pardon is free!
The just for the unjust has died on the tree!
Sound His praises! Tell the story of Him who was slain!
Sound His praises! Tell with gladness, He liveth again!


Rejoice and be glad! For the Lamb that was slain
O'er death is triumphant, and liveth again!
Sound His praises! Tell the story of Him who was slain!
Sound His praises! Tell with gladness, He liveth again!


Rejoice and be glad! For our Lord is on high:
He pleadeth for us on His throne in the sky!
Sound His praises! Tell the story of Him who was slain!
Sound His praises! Tell with gladness, He liveth again!


Rejoice and be glad! For He cometh again!
He cometh in glory - the Lamb that was slain!


SOUND HIS PRAISES - TELL THE STORY
OF HIM WHO WAS SLAIN!
SOUND HIS PRAISES - TELL WITH GLADNESS
HE LIVETH AGAIN!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

This really spoke to me - brings a whole new perspective to rejoicing in the day that the Lord has made. If He could face the day, then surely He will provide the strength and grace for us to face ours as well....whatever it holds.

Tonya said...

Thanks Lynn for your sweet words on my blog! Yesterday was one of the hardest days so far. Em and I had a long talk about why we're doing this and if it really is the right thing for us. I've made the "setting" too relaxed and it's allowed her to get lazy. So, we both need to step it up and get movin'! I am also very far behind, but, suprisingly, I'm not totally freaked out about that.

We decided not to put Em back in Foundations b/c for the simple fact that it was one more thing we had to do. I tend to put a lot of pressure on myself which I push off on the kids too. So, I'm really ok w/not adding that to our schedule too.

Thanks again for your encouraging words! It helps me so much to know that I'm not the only one struggling!

Hey, how many stars should Emma have for her upward shirt? I think she's got 4. See ya Sat!