11.12.2009

Life changing ideas....

'Oh yeah,' I thought this morning as I was looking at a friend's photos online. 'I have one of those things called a blog, too.' Unfortunately, my blog has not been the only thing that has been neglected as of late. But, I'm working on it :o)

So, although there are MANY things that have happened since my last post in September, I have only 2 things I want to share today...

2 things the Lord has really seen fit to impress on me as of late...

maybe they will mean as much to you as they have to me!
(p.s. - should note here since my last post that my sister has been cleared of skin cancer scare - all was successfully removed - praise the Lord)

#1 - Death is a good thing. What????? There is no denying that death has it's sting... and, oh, how it hurts. Death has touched our lives only because of sin. I hate it. I hate it that my husband, my children whom I just want to protect, my friends... have to feel the sting of death. But, remember, after Adam and Eve ate of the fruit, how they were kicked out of the garden? What if they would have stayed in their sinful state and eaten of the tree of life? Immortality.... in a sinful, fallen state. Yeah, I'm thankful for death, in a way! Because death for a believer means eternal life, not in a sinful, fallen state, but in heaven, with the Lord Jesus! I hate experiencing the sting of death, but oh how glad I am that for a believer, to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord!!!

#2 - God gives grace for the day! My mother-in-law shared a devotion with me that I think is going to change my way of thinking. You know, those days when you wake up in the morning, the day's tasks looming large ahead of you, and you start the day feeling like you just can't do it? Well, stop it! You can't think that way - because you can't measure what you can do today by the strength you had yesterday, or the day before, or any day before that! God's grace is sufficient every day! I am no longer going to wake up feeling intimidated by the circumstances of the day, because the more challenges that face me, the more of the Lord's strength is at my disposal! (Deuteronomy 33:25 As your days, so shall your strength be.)

And He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness."
2 Corinthians 12:9

6 comments:

Laurel said...

Thanks, Lynn!

Jessie said...

Thanks Lynn,
I wake up some days feeling that the day is too taunting. It is so encouraging to think the more we face, the more grace the Lord is giving.

bandanachick said...

Thank you so much for sharing Lynn!

Rachel said...

I loved these thoughts - what an encouragement to know that He gives just what we need WHEN WE NEED IT.

Anne said...

Lynn-
How true this is! God's grace is sufficient and perfect as is His plan and the way in which He takes us home as a believer. Death has its sting but Christ has His victory!!!!

Oh how I long for eternity and so thankful to not be afraid of it!!!

~ Rory ~ said...

Thank you so much Lynn! I really needed to hear what you shared concerning the Lord's strength for the day! What an encouragement!