12.10.2010

Like my parents always said....

Conversation had today with girly...


"Mom, will you take me to Taco Villa tonight?"

"No, you won't be home for dinner, remember? You have a sleepover."



"Taco Casa, then?"

"No, I'm not feeding you dinner."



"Las Fuentes?"

"Um, NO!"


"But mom, I NEED cheese dip!"






This is the point that as a child, one of my parents would have said to me...


'I'll tell you what you need!'


...and the other would have said...


'You need cheese dip like you need a hole in the head.'



I can't believe I actually said it! I always said I wasn't going to become my parents (no offense, mom and dad) Doesn't everyone say that?

Yup, this is what I said,

"You NEED cheese dip??? I'll tell you what you need!!! You need cheese dip like you need a hole in your head!"



And someday she'll say that to her kids, too.

That's just the way it works.

1 comments:

beccarankin said...

I love the conversation! I was scrolling through your other pictures. What a neat vacation. And yes....your son is stinkin cute!