3.08.2011

Another Fabulous Soup for a Cold and Rainy Day!

It is cold and gloomy out today, and it's a busy day! This afternoon I'll be baking brownies for Danny's Bible study, delivering them to the school, getting Rebekah from drama club then a make-up piano lesson, grabbing a quick bite to eat and then off to Kid's Club! And, somewhere in there, Scott gets home from his weekend trip to Scottlea Youth Conference!

So, into the crock pot goes one of our family favorites that we can all grab when we have a chance! This recipe is one that I got from a magazine (about healthy food while breastfeeding) when Danny was a baby. We loved it then, and we still love it now! It's pure, simple goodness!!!



Chicken and Salsa Soup

1# cooked and cut chicken
4 c. water
4 c. chicken broth
3-4 t. chili powder
3 c. corn (can or frozen)
2 c. salsa

Throw it in the crockpot! When I serve it, I like to top with crushed tortilla chips and cheese!




1 comments:

Anonymous said...

This sounds crazy, but I cooked the very same thing two days ago... the only difference is that I used cod. It's marisco sopa minus seis ingredients, namely the squid, shrimp, scallops, etc.! Definitely soup season.