1.05.2007

Rejoice!

"He will yet fill your mouth with laughing,
And your lips with rejoicing." Job 8:21

This verse really struck me while reading my Bible this morning. I would love this to be a description of me - wouldn't it be great to be charazterized by having a mouth full of laughing, and lips full of rejoicing? :)

"Therefore by Him let us continually offer the sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of our lips, giving thanks to His name." Hebrews 13:15

Today's Choice Gleanings referred to Mary, who took her costly spikenard, anointed the feet of Jesus, and her sacrifice of sweet-smelling aroma permeated the whole room. I don't believe that Mary, in anointing the feet of Jesus, had any other focus than that of the Lord. The aroma that permeated the room, however, affected all who were there. This made me think of the sacrifice of praise. If I use my mouth and lips to pour out the gladness the Lord has given me, it will affect all those around me! I know as a wife and mother, I can affect greatly the atmosphere of my home by the words of my mouth :) But, that is not my motivation - it is the sacrifice that Christ Himself made on my behalf, which was a sweet-smelling savor to God!!! (Hebrews 10)

3 comments:

Kelly said...

I've been thinking of this very topic lately...about how important it is to use my words to uplift and encourage others and what better way to accomplish this except to talk of our Savior, His character and all He has accomplished for us! Thanks for your thoughts!

HopiQ said...

Beautiful thoughts...thank you for the reminder to give the Lord the fruit of our lips.

Anne said...

I have been so thankful for the Lord to show us that joy and consistency bring great peace and growth as well as a willingness to serve Him alone. Fruit of our lips is definately the best way to show my family that. For nothing else matters if I do not have that......