1.02.2008

I have never been one for New Year's resolutions - at least as far as 'things I want to do this year'. But in 1991 the Lord showed me this song which deeply convicted me, and every year since I go back to the words and pray them - it so well encompasses the areas in which I want to continually grow and have be true of me.

May the mind of Christ, my Saviour, live in me from day to day,
By His love and power, controlling all I do and say

May the Word of God dwell richly in my heart from hour to hour,
So that all may see I triumph only through His power.

May the peace of God, My Father, rule my life in everything,
That I may be calm to comfort sick and sorrowing.

May the love of Jesus fill me as the waters fill the sea,
Him exalting, self abasing, this is victory!

May I run the race before me, strong and brave to face the foe,
Looking only unto Jesus, as I onward go.

May His beauty rest upon me as I seek the lost to win,
And may they forget the channel,
Seeing only Him!

5 comments:

Kelly said...

What a great prayer to use to start off your new year. That is one of my favorite songs! Thanks for sharing.

Rachel said...

The mind of Christ my Savior...I've been praying about that today. I want to exchange my jumble of thoughts for His, to respond like He would.

Kim & Dave said...

What a great hymn to be reminded of!

Thanks!

Lilly said...

Thank you so much Lynn for your comms, you look as lovely as I remembered when I last saw you at Camp (like forever ago). Your family is beautiful. Marie looks great and is very well indeed. I'll try and post some pics this weekend. It's back to work tomorrow, but thank the Lord its one day and then the weekend. I hope your Mum and Dad are well. Happy New Year to you all.
Lilly

marti said...

Indeed, a prayer we should all be praying more frequently.

Oh to be like Him!