4.02.2009

Aaaaaaahhhhh....

...the perfect, warm, easy, yummy-in-my-tummy crock-pot soup for a cold, snowy day!

3/4 cup frozen cut green beans
2/3 cup frozen corn
1 1/2 lb. meat (I sometimes use stew meat, sometimes ground turkey)
1 large chopped onion
2/3 cup uncooked barley
1 1/2 cups water
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. dried thyme leaves
1/4 tsp. pepper
2 cans beef broth
2 cans diced tomato (with roasted garlic, or add your own)
1 can (8oz.) tomato sauce


Right now, thanks to Rex and kids club, barley is a big hit at our house... so this old well-loved recipe has become much requested again :)

3 comments:

Jessie said...

Sounds yummy we'll have to try it out soon before it gets too warm.

Rachel said...

That sounds soooo good. Wish my crockpot was full of that right now!

Tonya said...

Sounds yumm-o!

I haven't heard...did you guys end up finding a house...when do you move...where are you going, etc? Fill me in!