1.19.2011

Chicken Tortilla Soup

With all the snow and the cold temperatures, we once again have been relying heavily on our crock-pot meals! I just love a good soup and easy prep on those cold, dreary days! Over the next week or so I'll be sharing some of our favorites! And, I'm always on the look-out for more, so if you have some you'd like to share, please do!!!


Here is a new favorite - it is fresh, yummy, filling, and healthy!


Chicken Tortilla Soup (4 serv.)

ingredients:
4 corn tortillas, cut into small strips
2 cans chicken broth (I use homemade)
1 zucchini cut into large bites
1 clove crushed garlic (I like more!)
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1 cup corn
1 can rinsed red kidney beans
1 1/2 c. shredded chicken
1 tomato cut into bites
1/2 c chopped cilantro

directions:
cook the tortilla strips (sometimes I bake them on a cookie sheet, or you can quickly brown them on a pan with olive oil - until crisp)

Everything else, I just throw in the crock pot! If you are short on time, stick the zucchini, garlic and tomato in a pan and cook through first

You can either top the soup with crunchy tortilla strips, or sometimes I throw them in the crock pot as well.

Enjoy!

1 comments:

Mindy said...

This looks delicious! I can't believe it is so simple. Thanks for sharing.