9.26.2012

Documenting Rebekah's Casts!

I can't believe that it's been a full 7 months since I posted!  Wow, time flies!  I wonder if it is telling that the last time I posted was when Rebekah had shingles, and now here we are with both her arms in casts.



We have had a long month around here with Rebekah's accident... for those of you who hadn't heard the story, she fell off a trolley at the top of a tree house.  She broke her right radius and also her wrist, and had surgery on that one.  She also broke a bone in her left hand.  It was quite traumatic to her bones and she was on full pain meds for 3 weeks.  It took us awhile, but we have gotten a routine figured out for getting her dressed, her school done, etc...

I love this sweet girl and her wonderful attitude!  She has had a lot of disappointments recently, with all her plans being set aside, and not physically being able to do much at all.  She has also felt badly for the things we have had to cancel, like an anniversary trip, and she feels responsible.  We do everything to assure her that we love to take care of her and that it definitely is NOT her fault and that we love her so much!  

We are all looking forward to life being back to normal around here - whatever that means!  At least I hope it means that I get around to blogging more often!

0 comments: